This is being typed from a Pret a Manger on the edge of trafalgar square, as Stuart, Lewis and I sit and recover after our overnight bus to London. Not long now and we will be arriving into the heat and awesomeness of Delhi, meeting up with the rest of the team and diving straight into the project!
Here is a rough week by week plan of how things might go…
Week 1- DISCUSS HOSTEL BRIEF, AND RESEARCH
- Settle and explore
- Talk to John and Abha in detail about the vision, and develop a detailed design brief with them.
- Visit and survey the site
- Visit the schools and integrate with the community, understanding their needs better
- Research local construction and labour methods, and vernacular and local styles
Week 2- GENERATING IDEAS AND ENGAGING WITH COMMUNITY
- Run lessons with the children to help generate ideas and involvement/empowerment
- Spend time producing designs, and discussing with Johna and Abha
- Producing videos (including interviews), and translating work
- A bit of time exploring Delhi, and maybe a wee trip to the Taj
Week 3- DISCUSSING THE FUTURE AND FINAL OUTPUT
- Produce final architectural drawings
- Discuss finances and phasing with John and Abha
- More filming and production
- Produce final design posters for the schools
-David, Lewis and Stuart.